Vision and Values
Co-op Academy New Islington is a vibrant and creative learning community where learning comes to life.
We provide educational experiences in real contexts and for real purposes, to enable our pupils to seek new possibilities and find new solutions.
The positive and productive atmosphere throughout school sets the tone for learning and creates an environment where pupils can thrive.
Our staff have the highest aspirations for each child’s learning and personal development, and have created a culture in which all achievements are valued and celebrated, and all needs are supported.
We want to equip all our pupils with the skills they need to embrace the new opportunities, responsibilities and experiences they will encounter during their lives in modern Britain and in the wider world.
At Co-op Academy New Islington, we encourage our pupils to approach all challenges and opportunities presented to them with confidence and resilience. Staff and pupils work together towards a common goal of high achievement for all, through a culture in which tolerance, openness and fairness is encouraged.
New Islington pupils leave primary school well-equipped for the next stage of their education, with a firm foundation of knowledge, understanding and skills, and a love of learning.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Demonstrating the Ways of Being Co-op in our everyday lives.
- Celebrating the cultural, religious and social diversity of our school community.
- Co-operating and collaborating, where everyone works together for a common goal to maximise the potential of every individual
- Ensuring that our children are safe and secure at all times, and that all adults fully understand the role that they play in safeguarding our children
- Developing a curriculum for excellence: ambitious, aspirational, relevant, and varied – a curriculum that supports all our pupils regardless of ability.
- Delivering this curriculum within a high quality and safe environment.
- Having high expectations for positive behaviour, modelling and supporting, guiding and encouraging.
- Having a strong and well-informed Academy Governing Council that acts as a champion for the school.
Our Ways of Being Co-op
Our Co-op Commitment